2009/02/18

Carnival de Cádiz



Turns out there is a super shitshowzen fiesta in Cádiz this weekend that they call Carnival. When I think of Carnival I think, in this exact order, of 1) Carnies, 2)West Deptford, New Jersey's finest auto-mechanic George Carney, 3)Rodney Carney's potential as an NBA player, 4)The Simpson's episode where they go to buy a new TV and Marge finds the Chanel suit (Carnivalé! Magnetbox!) and finally 5) of large outdoor festivals.



I didn't really ever give too much of a fuck about this Manu Chao garbage till I got to Spain; Alia Kate and select company had played some of these jams for me in the past, but nay did I realize how very very popular it all was for some reason. So, I dated a girl here who really dug it, enough so to give me a copy of "Próxima Estación: Esperanza" and, in truth, it's quite good. So, thanks Allison.



I hope everyone is having the BEST BLACK HISTORY MONTH EVER! Check out Harriet Dubman when time allows.

No comments: