2009/02/20

Lazy Os

Do you ever spend a 3 month period in the doldrums, where just as you are beginning to embrace the lonely life, only to have the Italian girl of your dreams materialize out of nowhere? This may slightly alter my plans of (not) trying to get a man to fellate me at Carnival.



So, in case you don't already peruse any of the links I post on the daily, I'm gonna give everyone another chance to pick up Party With a Drumkit post haste. It's free, but y'all better get ready to pay him.

I've been doing some thinking, and I'm going to try my damnedest to get back to posting music ("mine" as well as others and as long as I don't get flagged by a google user, which, since I'm a low-profile presence in general, I don't see happening)

First up; Mali's late greatest guitar shredding hero Ali Farka Touré's important work "African Blues". I was put on to this sound by local guitar hero Kunal Prakash/a chance encounter at the public library. It's hard to describe this collection of songs without using unnecessary superlatives that I have no business employing in the first place (the best African Blues album that will get posted on my blog today, I just can't help myself).


First, we revisit Jasha Tull's intriguing remix of a Radiohead song that uses video footage from an old Thomas Edison clip; quite good.



So, let's make friends: AFT-AB

1 comment: