2009/01/20

i'm writing a paper

And not even for school, just for me motherfuckers...

The pillow situation in Spain has reached it's boiling point for yours truly. I'm not quite sure why Spanish beds are categorized only by width (ridiculous) or why pillows are designed to spread across that entire width (as opposed to offering a pillow half that size that would serve an individual's head as proper cushioning and support only can), but I cannot take it anymore! My drunk-misanthropic landlord can also go fuck himself for never fixing half the fuckups in the apartment; our shutters don't work, there's several broken tables and chairs, the water pressure is abysmal, but fuckin eh' this experience is too fun to let someone who "prospered under Franco"(his words) to fuck shit up.

Tortilla de Patata (Tortilla Española) is cheaper than flour tortillas; this runs so counterintuitive in logic that I have been deprived of a true burrito for 4 straight months. I suppose the mistake is mine for having visited Ana's Taquería in Brookline, Massachusetes during an August road trip; pressed cheese, my god pressed cheese in the tortilla...Speaking of which, Dave Sokoll created an elaborate high stakes bet to eat 7 super burritos in one day, he ate one and I forgive him; although 7 super burritos would make for superb drug mule training, something that i might consider to save up some money (hello DEA/Guardia Civil!)

2 comments:

Kate Mooney said...

burritos are not spanish, ok, what do you expect?
tortilla de patatas can be really good, if it's not cold and if the eggs are just runny enough. i 'da la vuelta' from time to time in my own kitchen!

so are you happy?

Jamøn Serrano said...

I just don't like that the siesta delays my ability to eat lunch. In that sense it is fucking retarded. I love Spain and I am thrilled to be here.

Thank you for the prodding questions!